Living in a small-ish town just outside a metro city often allows the luxury of both types of living. Being that I live outside Music City USA aka Nashville, you are bound to run into some celebrity before too long. I haven't just yet.. but I do live near a few. So hearing that yet another celebrity is coming to a town near me wasn't anything that would make me turn my head and pay attention to the appearance dates. Well, quite the contrary when you hear exactly who it is. This celebrity is quite obviously the most famous celebrity in his field of work. This guy is coming to a nearby university to participate in a debate about his profession. He's gonna be defending it by the way. Well, while I don't necessarily mind the occassional skin flick, its another thing to actually see that person in the actual flesh,,, standing right in front of you.. IN PERSON. I won't be however, but I thought it quite interesting to know that THE Ron Jeremy is coming to a place not so far from my home and defending his work. I saw a documentary on him once, and his life hasn't been as peachy as some might think, simply because of the stigma he imposed upon himself when entering the ever prestigious field of pornography.. but hey.. what's that you say? You made your bed,, now lie in it! Somehow its fitting.
We have for the past 18 months had a cat and for the past 12 have had a dog join our family. Kenobi our dog was purchased much to the shagrin of my husband for a few hundred bucks. He has never paid for a dog and couldn't for the life of him understand why anyone would, because of course, to him the mut dogs love you more anyways. Well, Boo, the cat just came wandering up a couple months after we moved in here. We always figured she had a family, she was too friendly not to have, but she stayed around more than she was gone.. so we adopted her. Made her our own. Admittedly we never got around to putting the flea collar and tag on her we bought, but didn't feel the need to, and honestly just forgot most times. It wasn't so long ago that she came home with a flea collar on. After my husband and I were together at once with her, we realized that someone else had put it on her. Well, after much thought about us being the first or second family she was frequenting.. we came to the conclusion that we were the first and that if we were indeed the second the first wouldn't have waited so long about putting one on her and that she's found new people. Well, that upset me to a point.. clearly now she's coming around less frequently and has turned into quite the traitor. I am upset but what can I do but keep her indoors 24/7, when she clearly likes to roam? BAH! Damn traitor cat!
When we got Kenobi last year, I was determined to house train this dog. I failed miserably in that effort,, but it turns out he likes being outdoors for extended periods of time. So we're on a schedule now that makes everyone happy. While he's indoors, he's not allowed on furniture or on the bed.. things of the like. I didn't care so much before when he was freshly shaved, but since he's grown out some he's not as clean. So pending his upcoming shave, he's watched closely.. or so I thought. The head of our bed is at a double window in our room and a lot of times I will lay whatever up there till I retrieve it later. Usually just my thermometer sits up there. When he was a puppy, that's where he liked to sleep at night and it was a good place for me to keep an eye on him as well. The other night we were all playing /watching the gamecube and after having told him a few times already not to get up .. he snuck around somehow and the next thing I know, is sitting in the window seal swishing his tongue back and forth like he's chewing on something. I should probably mention that I took out my diamond earrings that morning because my ear was hurting and would be putting them back in come bedtime. Well it wasn't two seconds later I had leapt after him and started ramming my finger down his throat.. to no avail. It was too late. He had swallowed one of my earrings. I sobbed for a while, then proceeded to lock him in the bathroom. His outdoor time has been non existent and I wait patiently for his poop on the paper so I can have the distinct pleasure of going through it to see if my earring has made its return appearance. I gotta say, at this point,, I am starting to agree with my husband on buying this dog.. yep.. not so much liking the dog right now. Hopefully it will turn up... err out .. eventually.
1 comment:
Boy, talk about a diamond in the rough! HAHAHAHA!!
Post a Comment