OK I know, bad me, for not posting earlier. I did the crime I will do the time! So, just in case any of the eyes that peruse my blog world were wondering about the arrival of the f'in bitch.. well she waited.. till I was officially three days late.. had a blood test .. IN MY HAND NO LESS.. and like the skies opening up on a cloudy day to drench us with sweet rain.. as soon as she said.. Sorry honey.. the test was negative.. almost immediately did she decide to show her face up for real. And so that's that! TTC Hiatus 2004 has begun!
So, in the mean time I have been mourning the loss of just TTC and the baby that has to wait. Staying busy this past week I thought would help.. but well I was wrong. While I enjoyed volunteering ( I am in the Volunteer State afterall), it turned into Is There ONE Woman That Isn't Pregnant in this school?!?! Yeah.. the answer to that is yes.. because afterall those who weren't were toting around a newborn! OMG! EVERYDAY!! So let me just warn, that if you are ending a period of your life with TTC to work on something else.. the worst place in the world to try and get on with it.. is to be a volunteer at an elementary book fair for six days and include the Open House in one of those nights. I did meet lots of new folks.. and for that I am glad.
In the meantime, I got my letter of request faxed to my old doc and today made a call to see if it was ready to be picked up, and low and behold it is. THANK YOU LORD! So with that being done, the phone call last week I made inquiring about the process of getting in for consultation will be started tomorrow. The new office gets you approved first then does the consultation so that insurance will cover that.. and basically talk to the doc and schedule surgery. So all that will be set in motion tomorrow when I drive into downtown and pick up the file and transfer it to the other doc along with all the info packet material. So my thinking is that with it only taking a phone call to transfer the approval ( per the words of the insurance company itself) I should be scheduled for a consultation at the latest early next week.. and then the surgery is 3-4 weeks out from that. So this ball is rolling people!!
It kinda freaks me out that its actually gonna happen. I think I will probably go around in a daze when I actually have a surgery date. Emotional won't begin to describe a feeling of reaching a life long goal you have for yourself. So I will probably be a nutcase the first few weeks. I mean this isn't like I am going back to being a normal average size.. this is going to it for the first time in my entire life. ALL THIRTY YEARS OF IT. All new ground. As much as it will be foreign to me physically, I think a lot of it emotionally will be familiar ground. I walked around most of my life with the attitude of a skinny person and with self confidence like you would never imagine. Its only been since having my son and my stomach muscles went all to hell from that have I actually felt my actual size. Times they are a changin!!
And so tomorrow getting the papers into their prospective places will make my next leg of the journey unofficially official till I get the call for consultation! Lots of vibes and wishes for a speedy process are wanted, needed and more than welcome!!
Ciao!
1 comment:
I wish you all the best on your surgery. I know this time is kind of sad ('cause you're not pg) and scary (surgery! yikes!) but I'm so excited for you. I feel so much better since my wls and I've never regretted it for even one instant. I can't wait to read all about your progress. Best wishes to you.
Post a Comment