Last night, me and the hub decided to go to bed early.. but since it was early we talked for a few minutes before drifting off to neverland. I didn't mention what my temps had been lately.. and for him.. no news is good news.. so I asked.. wanna make a bet on what my temp will be in the AM? He says.. 98.2. I said oh you want bad things to happen eh?? You have to realize that until fairly recently my temps have actually been normal.. before then they were close to that of someone with no pulse. So I say.. well if you want that big of a drop then fine.. you are ruining everything. That my temps were holding steady at 98.7..which is HUGE .. cause before if they reached 98.0 I had a fever. So I say well great.. you have jinxed it. BAD TIMING bubba!
I really don't know why I bother to set the alarm I roll over at the exact same time every AM and take my temp.. well ok.. maybe not every AM.. but still. Anyways.. anxious as ever, I stick the therm in my mouth and wait patiently for the multi beeping. I take it out and FUCK ME ! It was .1 off of what my Jinxer said it would be.. and not .1 degree on the good side.. .1 degree on the bad side.. so .. as of now.. I am in total denial about my temp this AM and refuse to chart it till I see what tomorrow's does.. in case it was a fluke.. and besides.. it just makes my beautiful chart look ugly.. and who wants an ugly chart?!?!
So, I lay it down and fluff my pillow and proceed back into dreamworld.. when approximately an hour later, my son is tapping me on the arm saying " I had a bad dream and it was about this and that.. " I was half conscious people.. so this and that is doing good. So I ask him if he's ok and all and he says yes.. and goes on about his business.. I hear his TV come on and listen for a second and he's laughing and carrying on.. so I figured he was just coming in there to tell me about the dream not so much for the comfort factor. So I drift back to sleep,, but not so much that I can't hear what's going on with him. About an hour later he comes and says.. I wanna lay down with you. So I scooch over and make room.
I offer up one and a half of my pillows and he settles in. So there you have it.. my son, me in the middle and hubby on the other side. All cozy. I don't mind when this happens as it is quite a rarity in our house, but goodness gracious at the HEAT!!
I don't believe its strictly a male gender thing, as I have heard of women that have this problem too.. but in my experience the male species turns into a freaking furnace when in a state of rest, and lord help me please when I am sleeping between two males and they are radiating heat like the pits of hell. Its not enough that I have a small nine inch fan sitting and pointing on my face from the nightstand and the overhead fan going wide open,, not to mention that the AC is cranked at night.. I still am frying between these goobers! I am not ready to get up yet, and so I just separate the pathway of heat from each other by tucking in the covers around me. We have a king size bed and there is more than enough room for all of us plus another person.. but it never fails that when we are all in the bed together.. and I am the good part of the sandwich, that we inevitably end up taking up the space of one person in the middle of the bed.
So before lunch today I have already dealt with denial, took note of nightmares and been the "meat" part of a sandwich, and now I am rarin to go! Gotta make the Sunday's last as long as possible with the hubby since its his only day off and 80 of the other hours during the week he's at work. So that's it from the peanut gallery today!
Rainfairy
No comments:
Post a Comment